The Private Information of Politicians.

I voted the other day (by mail).   The options were for candidates for mayor, for the city council, and for a position on the Long Beach Community College Board.  I did some reading up, and figured out which candidates made the most sense for me in the first two races.  The third race is a bit more difficult.  First, I don't think its an understatement to say I don't pay much attention to the workings of the Long Beach Community College Board.  I'm not sure I ever thought about it before, in fact.

The candidates are an incumbent and a challenger who seems to be racking up a fair number of high profile endorsements.  I read through their official campaign information and it isn't sufficient for me to make a decision.  So I did some more digging.  It is actually easier to find information on the challenger.  He has a high profile background, and an unusual name.  One of the things I found is that he has a twitter account, and he made that twitter account private.  This, to me is a red flag.  The purpose of twitter, after all, is to share one's views.  That makes it a tool many a politician would presumably love.  (Witness President Trump.)  The only reason I can see for a politician to make his twitter account private is if he's been writing stuff he doesn't want people to read.  I doubt its because he's been tweeting his bank account information.  More likely, it means he knows some of his opinions would not endear him to electorate.  I think that's a good enough reason to vote for his opponent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VBA, Memory and Speed

Building Your Own Business Intelligence or Sales Intelligence Tool